Laborer(s)/ Production Staff
$13.00 - $15.00/ hour
Location: Encinitas, CA
Employee will be tasked with the duties and responsibilities of maintaining a clean and sanitary growing and productions areas. Employee is responsible for properly maintaining the quality of the product during the growing process, as well as maintaining all equipment associated with the production process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with watering and cleaning of greenhouses
- Assists with plant propagation and growing (Including, but not limited to: planting, potting, mounting, inventory control, etc.) as directed by the Production Manager
- Assist in facility maintenance and cleaning
- Must be able to carry and move up to 40 lbs.
- Must understand and implement the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and laws is appreciated and commendable
- Fundamental knowledge, as well as the ability to be taught and guided in areas related to growing, propagation and preparing plants for shipping
- Skill in analyzing potential problems with a plant or the product being processed
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of growing facilities
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail
- Ability to stand, sit and kneel for up to 8 hours a day with the ability to lift heavy object (upto 40lbs)
- Strong attention to details and excellent time-management skills
- Willingness to take direction
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week with some weekends
- 1-3 years horticultural experience or in a related field (Preferred but not necesarrily necessary)
- Knowledge in orchids and plants (Preferred but not necesarrily necessary)
- Competitive Pay
- Vacation, Personal, and Holiday Time Off
- Medical coverage package after 3 months
- 401K match after 1 year
About Andy's Orchids, Inc.
We are a family-owned nursery specializing in species orchids. We cultivate over 7,000 different species, and have an inventory of over 750,000 plants. We grow everything from traditional favorites to the rarest exotics from around the world. We pride our ourselves on providing quality grown plants, as well as educating our customers on the beautiful world of orchids we live among.
Equal opportunity employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other federally, state and/or locally protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of pre-employment screenings, a possible job-related drug test , and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.